Xp Sound Card woes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Damned

Beta member
Hello everyone,

I just finished upgrading to XP Pro from ME. Took several hours to install and DL all the updates but it seems to run much better than ME. Alas near the end of it all I realized that I have no sound. Zip. Nadda.

System Specs:

P3 600E Coppermine
Intel Tabor 3 BX Motherboard R3
320 Megs Sdram
Aopen MX400 64 GEForce 2
*Soundblaster Live Value Model CT4830*
Cable

Everything is proprietary stuff from Gateway except the Mem,Vid Card,and ethernet card. ( Ya I know it's a dinosaur but I can't afford a new system yet ergo the upgrade to xp untill the first of the year)

Tried all the troubleshooters, DL every patch I could find from Gateway,Creative and M$ , even went to a repair shop owned by a friend and got a know good used Sound Card ( another SB live CT 4780 that does not even show up in creative support) but I still get no sound.

It worked fine untill I upgraded.

Any ideas?

:confused:

did you install the drivers for the sound card? a patch cant help if there are no drivers instlled....?

it can't hurt anything, but first try uninstalling and then reinstalling the sound card from the add remove hardware manager.... and let us know how that works

Done that several times =(

Decided to reformat and do a clean install, still no love for me !! BAH !

I wonder if it's possible that even tho it's on the list of compatible hardware it just don't work with XP Pro?

I am thinking I'll go to Comp Usa and just buy a XP approved Sound card....

That should fix it ...right?

Got it working finally, was actually an updated driver specifically for XP Pro and that SB Card that fixed it off the M$ XP Pro support site.

Thanks for all the advice everyone !!

And I got a fresh install of XP to top it off.... =)

The Damned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom