Xp setup problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

brownboi79

Beta member
hi Im tryin to Install XP Pro on my computer. Im able to do the first part of setup but when it restarts, the computer wont go past the "press any key to continue" window. it stays there doing nutting and I know im not supposed to press anything there

any help is appreciated

brownboi79

shade11 is right. Sounds like your cd is the first boot device and the cd is still in the cdrom drive. Right? If you atlered your Cmos to make the first bootable drive the CDrom fix that first back to the HD and you should be good to go.

ok you were right. the cd was in the drive and the cmos were like you said. so i changed the settings on the cmos so the HD goes first. now i get a blank screen with the curson only

ok...start all over again. Reformat, reinstall and remember to take out the cd after setup has completed and needs the restart. Then you can reset your Cmos later!

I think there might be another problem. Usually after setup, and it says that, it will stay there for a few seconds and then proceed to the rest of the setup......

I tried what you said RicoDirenzo and It worked so now i got the second part of setup running. thanx everybody for your help

brownboi79

Warez Monster said:
I think there might be another problem. Usually after setup, and it says that, it will stay there for a few seconds and then proceed to the rest of the setup......

some computers will get stuck if you don't eject the cd and put it back in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom