xp service pack 3 endless reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

servo.tsc

In Runtime
I have a computer that every time i install xp sp3 it goes into an endless reboot and i have to go into safe mode and roll it back to a prior date. I ran a virus check with 2 different scanners and ran 3 spyware scans and cant find anything. Any idea what else i can do?
Thank you

A friend had a rather different problem when selecting the SP3 download off of the MS page. Apparently it knocked out his dsl router when applied. He also tried the IT developers download there first then the other.

For getting past that is a much larger ISO- 9660 disk image you can burn to disk for multiple systems to avoid any problems being seen with the automatic updates. Download details: Windows XP Service Pack 3 - ISO-9660 CD Image File

That' a whopper in size at 544.6mb however when downloading. There's also an alternate to the MS download page there for the iso image. But note the additional information seen about one issue.

"Windows XP Service Pack 3 - ISO-9660 CD Image File

Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) includes all previously released updates for the operating system. This update also includes a small number of new functionalities, which do not significantly change customers' experience with the operating system.

This file is a CD image file for users who wish to create an update CD for Windows XP Service Pack 3, for example for offline installation by administrators.

Note: Customers running Microsoft Dynamics Retail Management System (RMS) are advised to install a hotfix for a Microsoft Dynamics RMS issue prior to installing Windows XP SP3." Download Windows XP Service Pack 3 Build 5512 FINAL - Microsoft periodically combines updates, fixes, and other improvements into a single package - Service Pack - Softpedia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom