xp restarting? HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

bronxblaza117

In Runtime
if i have my computer off for about an hour and turn it on it loads completely, logs on the user(automatically) then after about 5 secs of fully loading up it shutdowns, not abruptly, it goes through the shutdown "process"(i guess u call it that). if i turn it back on right afterwards it stays on, doesnt shutdown, only when i have it off for about an hour and then turn it back on, then it happens. i have Windows XP Home edition. just started happening about a week ago

i get what you are trying to get at but the computer has been off for more then an hour so the cpu would be cold, and say if it was heating up, then why would it stay on the second time i turn it on 2 sec's after it shutsdown?

Virus? there was one that was around that rebooted ur pc once it fully loaded.. i forgot tyhe name but it hit CNN computers and did the same thing urs is doing.. Try running safe mode and do virus scan. or if u got a norton CD or any other type of antivirus put it in and boot the cd and it should do a virus scant hru DOS.

norton anitvirus didnt find anything, downloaded nod32 free version on saf emode and didnt show up anything either...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom