XP Repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
I ran a repair on an HP laptop using the recovery partition on the laptop.. The repair went smoothly and all of the user files were backed up and restored. My only issue is that any installed applications have their registry values deleted during the repair.

So Office 2007 looks as if it is installed but it doesn't work. It is not in add / remove programs and when you try to launch any of the .exe's you get a bogus error about not enough memory.

If i nail down to the program files, all of the files are there, they just won't run.

Is there any way of fixing this other than reinstalling office? Can you run a repair from a specific file in Program Files (considering i can't launch the app to do the repair and i can't see it on add / remove)?

Gotcha, so if i have the installation media the repair should work correct?

If the user doesn't have the media i'll get it from Mak's link. I do have the license keys though so i'm good there.

I'll give this a whirl - thanks!

A repair basically re-isntalls the program, without touching user settings, IIRC. Just checks to see if the files / keys exist, and if not, creates them (or recreates them if corrupted).

That's what i thought - just wanted to make sure. Knew there had to be an easier way than reinstalling the application completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom