XP re-install problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

spike1

Baseband Member
Hi there

I have a couple of problems with my pc software , so I wanted to do clean install of XP , but everytime I start up with the cd in , it just loads up xp mnormaly , the boot sequence is cd first boot , I thought it maybe a problem with my cd but I have tried my brothers XP and it still just boots up into normal windows , the cd-rom does whirll on start up . I am not sure if this is the correct forum for this thread ! .

cheers

There might be a problem with the drive it's self can you try another?

Hi

thanks for your reply , the cd-rom seems to work ok , i have just this morning , reinstalled a programe with no probs .

Are you pressing a button to boot from CD? Windows could be loading too fast for you to see it, when your computer first turns on (before POST screen, before your monitor even turns on) keep pressing space bar.

HI

No I have not been pressing a button , I thought that with the cd-rom on first boot sequence it would boot from the cd-rom !, I am at my Dads at the moment but I will try that when i get home .

cheers

HI

No I have not been pressing a button , I thought that with the cd-rom on first boot sequence it would boot from the cd-rom !, I am at my Dads at the moment but I will try that when i get home .

cheers

Well technically it does try to boot from the CD, but to get to Setup, you have to press a key when it says "Press any key to boot from CD..." Gives you about 5 seconds to press a key, and if no button is pressed, then it autoboots to the next boot device (in your case, your HDD with Windows loaded on it).

You will need to press a key to get into the setup of the install. Just press the spacebar the second you hear the power click on.

Saxon - that is what i'm here for. To get my post count up by pointing out what others have missed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom