Xp, ram problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ind3siszive

Solid State Member
I used to have 4x1gb, 4 gb of ram in my computer then i took 2x1gb crucial ballistics out of it and put 2x2 ocz reaper ram in instead. After that I installed vista. now ive tried to put the crucial back in and it freaks out when i try xp 32 and a blue screen pops up for a second (not long enough to see it) and then it restarts. I would have thought the ram was bad but in vista 64 it works. I know xp can only have 3.25, but it used to work, how can i fix this?

Well from the sounds of it XP got corrupted by all the hardware changes. Have you tried a repair install?

STart>Right click on My computer>Properties. Under the Advanced tab>Startup and Recovery>settings. Uncheck the box next to the Auto restart on system failure.

Also check and see if you have any minidump files. Upload them to sendspace or bondogo and i will analyze them for you.

ill try it, and it did it again (not continuisly just once) now i installed my sound card, how can i send it to you, as you can see im a noob

Use WinRar and archivce the files. From there go to SendSpace or Bondogo.

Free file hosting and image hosting - BADONGO
Send big files the easy way. Files too large for email attachments? No problem!

Upload that archive. Give me the link. Were you able to turn off the restarts? If so write down this info as well:

the Stop Error code. It will look like this:

0X000000ZZ where ZZ is a alpha numeric combination. Those are Zero's as well. Not the letter O. Also a couple of lines down you will see a line in all CAPS.

Give me all this info and i will help you along.

Yes sorry. It was my bad for nto saying that in the first post. My bad. I am really sorry i forgot that.

Okay from what i see in your debug files:

Unable to load image ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2

Which is that Windows is failing to load the kernel. So that means it could be one of 2 things. 1. Driver conflict. If so this is easy to fix and repair. 2. Corrupted Windows install. This is tougher to fix.

So right now my suggestion would be to get into Safe Mode and remove any recently installed Drivers. See if that helps any.

it still flashes by so quickly, now chkdsk asks evertime,

there are a lot of errors :
0xc0000005
0x8054cod1
0xAE6AC67C
, these are different every time i try
and there are tons of more minidumps
i think it swicthed back to auto restart when i did chk dsk, or i just forgot to hit apply

this picture might help

untitled.jpg

more minidumps
Minidump1.rar - minidump2 files - BADONGO

do you think it could have to do with this prolem, http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/fix-restart-bug-after-installing-windows-xp-sp3-175327/
i do have sp3

Add another boot screen??

i started that thing ind it couldnt find that c:\windows\system32\undo_guimode.txt file so im guessin thats good because i was supposed to delete it anyway
any how i going on vacation 4 2 weeks so i think ill wait til i come back b/c i have to move some data 2 my laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom