xp question: enabling all accounts to have access to newly installed software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Slashpile

Beta member
Hello all!

Ive just installed a few programs (Windows Live and others) using the admin account on xp. How do I let the other user accounts have access to these newly installed programs. The wierd thing is, newly installed AVG and BT show up on the guest account but not newly installed Windows Live. I did it all the same day and must have missed something.

Probably a rookie question but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Welcome to Tech Forums :).
During installation, didn't it have an option asking you if you wanted install for All Users or just you?

Edit:
Guessing you already passed or have not seen the option. Anyhow, you said you're on Windows XP.
You can copy the shortcut from where it is, I'm guessing either your desktop or All programs folder. Then proceed to your HDD -> Documents and Settings folder -> All Users -> look around to where exactly you would want the program to appear, may it be the desktop or start menu -> all programs folder.

So most likely you're copying it to:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop
or
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

Software in XP is automatically installed for all users, it isn't like VIsta or windows 7 that gives you the option.

If the users don't have access to the software you may need to create a shortcut for them as joe said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom