XP question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoosurdady

Beta member
Okay, i am building a new comp. and i want to know what the difference is between the OEM and the Retail box. Will the OEM work for me? and does it have a valid cd-key with the OEM?

what does the Retail box version have that the OEM doesnt?

The OEM is a cheaper version typically sold to computer builders and system manufacturers. It is exactly the same software as the retail-version, except you are required to purchase computer hardware with it (ex:mobo, hard drive). The catch is that you get no free support from Microsoft on an OEM version of WinXP. It will save you money to buy OEM, though. Buy your OEM Windows XP from a place you trust, however, like a local computer shop.

Actually no different between OEM n retails box win XP.
Is just that when u take OEm, the price will be a bit cheaper compare to retail box.

you get a CD in a paper holder and that is all. no fancy box or manual. You get a CD and a CD Key. I would suggest OEM - mucho cheaper...and who needs microsoft technical support :p

OEM version is a ghost image of the software and is not a complete one some of the components are missing and that makes it cheaper but since all the system providers make their PCs in bulk this really helps them

make sure u have a recovery CD for the OEM version
rest is upto u as not much significant difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom