Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonys317

Beta member
Tiger Direct, 2 gig ram, Nvida Geforce video card
Xp Professional, Dlink router
I download and auto install security packs as they come up
I can not get into my computer at this time - do not recall other specs

I can not access my computer through 'general' safe mode or 'f8' safe mode(Networking/Command Prompt);
Enable VGA does nothing;
Last Known Config or
Directory Services Restore Mode

None of the command prompt options get me in. When I choose safe mode(any option) the following errors scroll down my screen:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\PartMgr.sys
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\VolSnap.sys
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\disk.sys
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\CLASSPND.SYS
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS\sr.sys
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\Fastfat.sys
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\KSecDD.sys
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\NDIS.sys
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\mup.sys
(there are about 15 of these errors; or more).
Then it prompts me to press escape to abort something called SPDT load?

The BSOD quickly flashes and the computer promply reboots. If an option other than 'safe mode' is selected the above errors do not scroll the computer simply reboots. I AM FOREVER TRAPPED IN REBOOT LIMBO!!!

ODDLY? When I run debug(via f8 option) it goes through the chkdsk disk motions. On occasion it discovers errors from 80-100% but NEVER 0-80%. After chkdsk finishes I am sent to the Xp Pro login screen. If I quickly log in I make it to the desktop which partially loads then freezes. If I wait on the login screen it freezes in about 30 seconds.

The computer is 3 years old. I have not had 1 issue with it! -not ATi- video card. 55 hours ago i downloaded a file from a trusted site(Kodak) rebooted and the issues started!!

The BSOD Stop codes: 0x0000007e(0xc0000005, 0x87027382b2,Oxf78cf324,0xf78CF020)

I have the repair console thingy:
I have no clue what I am doing when I enter this program. It is scary stuff. When I was in there I created 2 additional operating systems it now prompts me for(for a total of 3) now. How do I remove them?

Wrap up I have literally been reading tech support forums for over 26 hours now. I might have done more harm than good. As mentioned I accidently somehow(created two additional operating system command prompts) doing a bootfix or something

1) I ran a diagnostic disk provided by tiger than ran for several hours and detected no hardware problems: Thermal/Memory/Hours on hard drive
2)I do not have the XP CD. I have a cd that allows me to access the command console I followed instructions here:
Windows Cannot Start - Techzonez
3)The first 2 stop errors are correct the others might contain typos. The stop errors seem very broad. I ran that 5+ hour diagnose that said I had no hardware errors. I read somewhere the first stop error 0x...7e might be related to maleware with something called SP2.. Could this really be a virus? Was I spoofed with kodak?
4) Isn't it very odd that choosing the debugger option from f8 is the only way for me to get to the user login screen? Then when there I have 20-30 seconds to until a complete lockup. This to me implies boot issue?
5)If I cry, scream request empathy give out my phone number /messenger or offer $20 via paypal(really) does this help?
6) remember I can not log into the sucker
Tony
stuck like chuck

Bug Check 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check has a value of 0x0000007E. This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
Parameters

The following parameters appear on the blue screen.
Parameter Description
1 The exception code that was not handled
2 The address where the exception occurred
3 The address of the exception record
4 The address of the context record

Cause

The SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED bug check is a very common bug check. To interpret it, you must identify which exception was generated.

Common exception codes include the follwoing:

* 0x80000002: STATUS_DATATYPE_MISALIGNMENT indicates an unaligned data reference was encountered.
* 0x80000003: STATUS_BREAKPOINT indicates a breakpoint or ASSERT was encountered when no kernel debugger was attached to the system.
* 0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION indicates a memory access violation occurred.

For a complete list of exception codes, see the Ntstatus.h file that is located in the inc directory of the Microsoft Windows Driver Kit (WDK).
Resolving the Problem

If you are not equipped to debug this problem, you should use some basic troubleshooting techniques.

* Make sure you have enough disk space.
* If a driver is identified in the bug check message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates.
* Try changing video adapters.
* Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates.
* Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.

That is from the msdn site. It is most likely the kodak driver you installed. If you cannot get at it via safe mode you may need to get you hands on a copy of xp to perform a repair install.

Next time ,you should get your drivers from nvidia.com

Try restoring your registry (using the recovery console):

At the Recovery Console command prompt, type the following lines, pressing ENTER after you type each line:
md tmp
copy c:\windows\system32\config\system c:\windows\tmp\system.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\software c:\windows\tmp\software.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\sam c:\windows\tmp\sam.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\security c:\windows\tmp\security.bak
copy c:\windows\system32\config\default c:\windows\tmp\default.bak

delete c:\windows\system32\config\system
delete c:\windows\system32\config\software
delete c:\windows\system32\config\sam
delete c:\windows\system32\config\security
delete c:\windows\system32\config\default

copy c:\windows\repair\system c:\windows\system32\config\system
copy c:\windows\repair\software c:\windows\system32\config\software
copy c:\windows\repair\sam c:\windows\system32\config\sam
copy c:\windows\repair\security c:\windows\system32\config\security
copy c:\windows\repair\default c:\windows\system32\config\default

Type exit to quit Recovery Console. Your computer will restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom