XP Problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
Well, when i built my rig... i use to use XP alot... then it would do what its doing now.. so i switch to Vista and everything was fine... well certain games wouldnt work right so i went back to XP last night... and as befor when i looking at websites or anything it will freeze and my screen will go black and it will sometime come back on or sometimes it will restart the computer.. its very very annoying... and remeber i do have my latest ATI driver installed... and mobo drivers installed everything is updated... i mean i love XP it runs all my games flawlessly and i love it! i just wish this wouldnt happen :( have you guys ran across this befor?

Hello,

Have you checked your temps? Have you run check disk? Have you run MemTest86? What have you dont to try and troubleshoot this issue?

Cheers,
Mak

The latest video drivers maybe for the 3800s or even now seen 4800 model cards out. Or you may have inadvertently downloaded a Vista version of the Catalyst.

Try taking a look at the "ATI>support>catalyst version" folder to see if that is named for XP or Vista there. The AtiCimUn.exe file is the uninstaller found in the driver folder if XP.

My temps are fine.. ran memory test everything.. everything is ok.. and for the drivers... i downloaded the XP drivers i made sure of it

Do you get any kind of details when windows resumes, any "Recovered from a serious error" codes etc?

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Do you get any kind of details when windows resumes, any "Recovered from a serious error" codes etc?

Cheers,

~ Tkey

How would i check for that? but when it resumes i get no error or anything.. it just goes to desktop

Try checking your event logs. Its under 'Administrative Tools' in Control Panel.

Hello,

• Start
  • Run
  • eventvwr.msc

That will get you the event viewer to see if you get any error messages.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom