XP Pro? XP Home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

massacreinfallx

Fully Optimized
Hey i was wondering, what exactly is the diffrence betwene windows xp pro and xp home? Im talking for the regular user, is there anything besides all that networking stuff? thanks for the answers.

Besides the networking stuff, XP Pro has a lot less of the "filler" that Home has built into it. Fewer programs run in the background and it's much more streamlined and stable, meaning better performance. Personally I only use XP Pro I really don't like Home or Media Center (of course my stupid lappy isn't compatible with Pro :( )

jorsoft03 said:
...I really don't like Home or Media Center ...

media center is built on xp pro it has all the features that pro has with media center ontop of it. as for the question xp pro and media center offer alot more security features for networking and advanced administartive options you will find pro to be usefull if you have no use for multimedia and Media center better if you enjoy watching movies and such but still getting the pro features.

Media Center doesn't allow file encryption if I can remember right, but it has the networking and filesharing features of XP Pro.

Home gets a bad rap because of the the junkware that comes with it on new PCs. A fresh install of XP Home isn't half as bad.

yeah i just re-formatted my dlel, and it got rid of all the pre-installed software and the stuff i didnt need, my boot time went from about 1min to around 25sec

beedubaya said:
Media Center doesn't allow file encryption if I can remember right, but it has the networking and filesharing features of XP Pro.

Home gets a bad rap because of the the junkware that comes with it on new PCs. A fresh install of XP Home isn't half as bad.

no it allows encryption in the os its depends on what file system you use if you use FAT32 encryption wont work thats one of the advantages of NTFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom