XP Pro Sp3 Keeps shutting down lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

techleaner

In Runtime
Dell Optiplex 760 small form factor

The user told me they would leave the computer on and come back from having a smoke or whatever and the screen saver would be on, they move the mouse the screen will come up normally then it would automatically shut down, or it would already be off by the time they come back.

Things I did: 1st. Used air thingy to get out all the dust. 2nd changed the power setting in the display properties for Never to turn off hard disk and system stand by. 3rd Ran a check disk and came up clean. 4th ran diagnostic tests and everything passed. 5th scanned for virus and came up clean don't know why pc is never on the internet. 6th already up to date with drivers. 7th running windows updates now

One thing I noticed is the original power cord that came with it doesn't sit in the back very snug very lossely actually......(funny thought) ok anyways. I tried plugging in the RJ45 and I accidently moved the VGA cord around a lil and heard a very tiny click and it restarted the system over prolly cuz the VGA and the power cord where laying next to each other might of bumped the power cord.

I looked in the system event viewer and nothing particular to over heating or anything to make the system restart.

*What else should I do?

Thanks for you time and response as always its greatly appreciated.

I looked in the system event viewer it showed this (iaStor)

*The device,\Device\Ide\iaStor0, did not respond within the timeout period

trying to research but I'm not really getting a answer just thought I'd give this another try.

Thanks again.

Nevermind they said they're gonna send tech support with motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom