XP Pro Security Permissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones

In Runtime
Hello. I have a question. Our school computer's run on WinXP Pro and there are several folders that are on the network available for the students and staff to access. Well me and my computer teacher are good friends and I help her out with stuff and she helps me out. Our senior class just took senior class pictures today and I was going to put them on a network folder for our class to view. The problem is, I don't want anyone to move, copy, print them. I've been thoroughly looking through security permissions in XP Pro and cant seem to find anything that will accommodate that except I can make it so people cant Move or Edit the file. People will usually copy and then paste them into "their" student folder, which then takes up more and more space on our severs at school. So im asking if anyone knows of a way I can do that.. Make it so they cant print, copy, paste, move or edit the pictures???

ANY help is appreciated.

Thanks

Would need to use GPO which would have to be done by the System Admin.

Well.. Im actually a Lab Assistant for the IT guy at our school and I know the Administrator password so that I can fix computer's during class and log on to change necessary settings. Could you run it down how to do it please?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom