XP Pro reinstall With Partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd8075

Beta member
Hi... I am new here and had a quick question because I am doing a clean slate on one of our office systems. I put in the original software disk from dell and booted the machine off the disk there was a small partition of 39k which I deleted. Then there was a partition of 3.9g which I figured was for windows so I selected it to install XP in. So it proceeded to wipe out that partition. My goal in doing this is to start fresh as if it was new from the box, but there was a 75g partition left that I am wondering how wipe out that one. Or did I go about it all wrong and need to start over.

Thanks for your help in advance!!

Here is an update... I went into the disk manegmant and noticed the 75 GB partition remained untouched and has a full windows folder on it, so I think was worng and will have to unpartition both drives and reinstall windows on the larger partition. Please give me a yeah or neigh, so I can move forward.

Thanks

My guess is you deleted the recovery partition and installed XP there. If you are doing a clean install I would wipe the entire drive and start fresh, deleting all partitions and creating new ones if you choose. You don't have to create new partitions, you can just use the whole drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom