XP Pro question

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
If I created a system restore point and then deleted a user off of my computer to see if I do NOT need it can I get it back using that restore point by using system restore option?

thank you

My guess would be no. I may be wrong but I think System Restore only fixes changes in settings and stuff. It doesn't restore deleted files. I am sure I will be corrected if I am wrong.

System Restore is not used in that type of function. It is for application settings and profile settings. It is not used for User accounts.

System Restore is not used in that type of function. It is for application settings and profile settings. It is not used for User accounts.

Mak213, Actually what I want to do is delete a profile on my computer which I don't think I need but am not sure so if I delete it I can get it back if needed, is this correct?

Can you please verify this for me?

thank you

Don't delete it until you're sure you don't need it. Restore points are created on a regular basis, and even if the data and information were contained in a restore point, it's quite possible that if even a day or two passes it could be wiped out.

Well how about if I make a copy of it, delete the original, wait a few days and if not needed, delete the copy?

Your profile is what you use to login to XP. If you delete it you can not get to your desktop to do anything. So are you sure you want to delete your profile and make your install useless?

no, it's one of the profiles on the desktop, not mine or admin, so do you think it is ok to do what I want to do? I am pretty sure it's un-necessary so I want to verify this. If so, I will delete the user all together from my rig.

If it isnt your or the Admin and it isnt on the User Selection screen it isnt a profile. that is just the name of the file. At that point it is safe to delete.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom