XP Pro keeps restarting at startup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I've got the admim pack burned on a CD. Now when I try to boot the computer to the CD it won't boot to it. How do I make this a bootable CD? I've got the ISO on my laptop and burned it with Roxio.

Thanks,
Andy

it isn't bootable. run it in windwos and make an erd commander iso. it is bootable

Alright. I finally got it to boot to the ERD. I've run the sys file check and it hasn't found any problems.

Any idea how I can get a file off the machine now?

brrymnvette said:
Alright. I finally got it to boot to the ERD. I've run the sys file check and it hasn't found any problems.

Any idea how I can get a file off the machine now?

copy and paste your files from one partition (or hdd) to another

Ok, I've got it up. I noticed when it would start and restart everytime that it was when the McAfee icon appeared at the bottom right. So, with ERD I deleted all the McAfee and F-Secure autorun's in the registry. I've got it booted up and running right now. I'm installing Roxio on it to hopefully get the pics off it I need. Then I'll delete all the McAfee and F-Secure stuff and put on AVG. Then restart and see what happens.

Thanks guys,
Andy

Woohoo!!!!! Sucksess. I used ERD to go to a restore point and now I'm good as gold. Now, I have to figure out how to get rid of F-Secure. It's not showing up in the add/remove programs. I really don't want to sift through the reg and delete every entry.

Thanks for everybody's help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom