XP Pro keeps rebooting to the choose a startup type screen? safe mode.... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Content Team

Send a message via Yahoo to brrymnvette
Default XP Pro keeps rebooting to the choose a startup type screen? safe mode....

I have an Acer that keeps rebooting to the choose a config screen. You know the one with safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, last known good config. No matter what I do I can't get it to boot. It'll flash a blue screen for less than a sec then reboot.

I don't have the XP disk b/c it didn't come with one.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Re: XP Pro keeps rebooting to the choose a startup type screen? safe mode....

if you have a cdkey sticker on the box then call MS and tell them the manufacturer didnt give you one. they will send you a xp disc for a small shipping fee

then you can use that to do a repair install possibly

Old 05-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Content Team

Default Re: XP Pro keeps rebooting to the choose a startup type screen? safe mode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by networkgeek View Post
if you have a cdkey sticker on the box then call MS and tell them the manufacturer didnt give you one. they will send you a xp disc for a small shipping fee

then you can use that to do a repair install possibly
I used a disk I have for a Dell and got to a CLI and did a chkdsk /r with no success.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

If you cant get into windows in any mode, chances are you are pretty screwed. Try to repair first, if that doesnt work then put your hd into another computer back it up and wipe it.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to mssssee2 Send a message via Yahoo to mssssee2

You could ask a friend of yours to download you a cracked xp version which will be LEGAL if you have a key, otherwise you know what you can do.

Old 05-30-2007, 01:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Content Team

yeah, I was hoping someone had some other alternatives. I've got a winternals admin pack and can't get it to boot off that either
Old 05-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Content Team

This is the error code I get. Nothing afterwards telling me what it is, just this code.

0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xc000000e, 0xf7a690cc, 0xf7a68dc8)
Old 05-31-2007, 01:48 AM   #8 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Does it give anything after the Error code? Like aec.dll or something like that. Having that info will be able to help us find the exact problem that is causing this. There are a lot of Stop Error 7e codes and i want to help you find it but i dont know exactly which one is causing the problem.

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 05-31-2007, 09:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Super Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrymnvette View Post
I used a disk I have for a Dell and got to a CLI and did a chkdsk /r with no success.
that dell disk wont do you any good anyways it is preactivated. so if you were to install xp with it you would not be able to activate it
Old 05-31-2007, 05:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brrymnvette View Post
yeah, I was hoping someone had some other alternatives. I've got a winternals admin pack and can't get it to boot off that either

that's some of the best software. use it to make an erd commander 2005 cd.iso
on somebody else computer. you browse to the serial on the cd when it ask

boot off of that cd and restore that computer back to a time that it worked

Closed Thread