XP Pro keeps rebooting to the choose a startup type screen? safe mode....

Status
Not open for further replies.

brrymnvette

In Runtime
I have an Acer that keeps rebooting to the choose a config screen. You know the one with safe mode, safe mode with command prompt, last known good config. No matter what I do I can't get it to boot. It'll flash a blue screen for less than a sec then reboot.

I don't have the XP disk b/c it didn't come with one.

if you have a cdkey sticker on the box then call MS and tell them the manufacturer didnt give you one. they will send you a xp disc for a small shipping fee

then you can use that to do a repair install possibly

if you have a cdkey sticker on the box then call MS and tell them the manufacturer didnt give you one. they will send you a xp disc for a small shipping fee

then you can use that to do a repair install possibly

I used a disk I have for a Dell and got to a CLI and did a chkdsk /r with no success.

If you cant get into windows in any mode, chances are you are pretty screwed. Try to repair first, if that doesnt work then put your hd into another computer back it up and wipe it.

You could ask a friend of yours to download you a cracked xp version which will be LEGAL if you have a key, otherwise you know what you can do.

yeah, I was hoping someone had some other alternatives. I've got a winternals admin pack and can't get it to boot off that either

This is the error code I get. Nothing afterwards telling me what it is, just this code.

0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xc000000e, 0xf7a690cc, 0xf7a68dc8)

Does it give anything after the Error code? Like aec.dll or something like that. Having that info will be able to help us find the exact problem that is causing this. There are a lot of Stop Error 7e codes and i want to help you find it but i dont know exactly which one is causing the problem.

yeah, I was hoping someone had some other alternatives. I've got a winternals admin pack and can't get it to boot off that either

that's some of the best software. use it to make an erd commander 2005 cd.iso
on somebody else computer. you browse to the serial on the cd when it ask

boot off of that cd and restore that computer back to a time that it worked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom