f15h

In Runtime
When I try to install XP on my sys I get the following error:

"Error:

Installation failed : D:\l386\asms. Error Message :

The parameter is incorrect.

xxx

Fatal Error: -

One of the components that windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.

xxx

The parameter is incorrect."

wtf is this? The disk worked fine on another computer...

please help! thanks,

die fische

Ok, what components do I need to remove for the install to work correctly?

How would using this program help my problem?

I'm half way through setup, I can't login to windows and i can't cancel the setup.

please help,

fische

still here

hmm.... still here, everyone, still having the same problem!

input is appreciated.

f15h

WHEN CONDUCTING A FRESH INSTALL OF ANY OS, ALWAYS TRY TO INSTALL WITH MINIMAL HARDWARE INSTALLED ON THE MOBO. THIS WILL EASY THE JOB OF THE OS TRYING TO FIND AO MANY DRIVERS FOR YOUR HARDWARE. ONCE YOU HAVE THE OS RUNNING PROPERLY, YOU CAN START TO ADD ON YOUR HARDWARE ONE PIECE AT A TIME.

HAVE YOU TRIED TO USE THE XP COMPATIBILITY SOFTWARE TO ENSURE THAT YOUR COMPUTER IS CAPABLE OF RUNNING XP? IT IS A FREE DOWNLOAD FROM MICROSOFT'S WEBSITE.

LIKE THE PREVIOUS POSTING SAID, TRY USING A DIFFERENT CD-ROM DRIVE. IT MAY WORK.

GOOD LUCK!

Yeah i had the same trouble with that version after burning the image file to disk.
The way i got around this problem was to use ISO Buster to extract all the files from the image (ISO) to my second drive then run setup from there.
Once this had completed without errors i then wrote them files to a CD which worked fine on another 2 computers.
Of course if you don't have two drives then extract all files to your hard drive using ISO Buster and write them back to a CD. Hopefully this will work for you as well.

I advise to stay away from nlite. The software is to buggy and removes more components than desired. I constantly have to use my XP cd to add files back to my OS because of the file protection errors and I cant install Office, unless I turn it off.

I tried installing the same XP Pro on a 20 gb IDE drive, in a different computer. I got the same error. I formatted using FC2, used that for a while, then I Formatted the drive a second time with XP Pro AGAIN.

The interesting thing was... after setup finished copying windows setup files and I rebooted, the first three sections of the install were complete.

I don't understand this at all... How would setup remember the stage of an install AFTER it had been formatted with another OS? (and then reformatted with xp pro setup) hmm

I'll try using ISO buster. Thanks again,

fish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom