XP PRO Freezes on NEW COMP????

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbcirclepants

In Runtime
I just got my gaming Computer built and installed xp pro. When u log on, it freezes 10 mins later. I tried repair and fresh installation, But ditto. HELP:confused:

Try booting up in safe mode and turn off some of the programs that would run in the background on start-up.

soooo....i boot in safe mod and check wat programs are running and then boot in normal mode and end all programs that wernt in safe mode???
remember, this is a new computer with no viruses.......

i tried booting in safe mode, and it didnt freeze. i got a list of the processes in safe mode:

explorer.exe
3# svchost.exe
lsass.exe
crss.exe
smss.exe
system
System Idle Process

AND IN NORMAL MODE:

those above +
wuauclt.exe
wscntry.exe
alg.exe
spoolsv.exe

i tried going to normal mode and ending the extra processes, but it didnt work. Im going to install a program in safe mode that lets me set the startup programs....if u have any suggestions, POST PLEAZZZZZZZZZZ

HEY!!! big surprise....wen ur comp and xp is new, no startup programs...lol, welll i tried running i checked for spyware, dunno wat for because i never conected to internet yet, found no problems. Im soooo stuck.....U guys are my lifeline right now.
Pleaz help me...the darn thing freezes in 10 secs after u get to desktop....this xp has sp2, and im wondering if not having a antivirus prog. installed is screwwing it up....ANY IDEAS ARE WELCOME!!!!!im about to jerk my hair%%*$$()%(*)(*_%#(**(&%^%^(*%&)()*(^&%&*(*^&^$^%

Does the whole system just stall? Or is it just the cursor and keyboard accessibility that freeze (in which you can still see background activity on-screen)?

TMT. 8)

THE WHOLE DANG thing freezes...i mean no mouse and keyboard accesability or does the activate windows icon come up if u call it stall, i AGREE

Please tell me the entire hardware configuration for your system. You'll need to do a process of elimination, however. Run Memtest86 on that computer first. You may have a bad stick of memory. Have you overclocked any components? Can't help ya until we know what you are running in that puter. If the memory is good then you'll need to boot that puter with only the hd, video and memory. If it freezes with a minimal hardare set up then you're down to the hd,video, psu and mobo at least. If all is well with the minmal boot start adding stuff till it freezes. capice?

what kind of cooling system you got going, if you got nothing installed, reformat and reinstall, itll probbaly fix it, thought if you got crappy cooling then it overheats anyways.

you should have at least 3 fans and CPU Fan/heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom