xp pro coa

Status
Not open for further replies.

djk2450

Solid State Member
the parochial school in my town is looking into buying 30 dell gx260 desktop computers from HCDI in tyler TX. their ad says the units come with xp pro installed and with a coa on the box. i am assuming that the os is operational as the computers come out of the box. that being said, is it possible, if the situation arises, to re-install xp pro onto a new drive if one dies? can the os be installed with one cd of xp pro and the product key from the coa on the box, that is, purchase one copy of xp pro and use it as a restore disk? this school is not rich and they can't afford to buy new units. any help or advise would be appreciated. Peace and God bless.

dan

Along with that make sure they get a MLK or a VLK. A MLK Is a Multi License Key and a VLK Is a Volume License Key. They pay a bit more up front but overall they get as many serials as they want/need and pay just 1 price which will be cheaper than paying for 30 copies of XP outright.

Other than that request the Media.

find the right copy of xp, which is hard to do with a dell xp pro machine. dell xp home will work with a regular home xp or oem home xp cd.

but if you get a dell xp home or xp pro disc, you can use on all 30 machines without it activating

I know this because I buy a lot of used dells for tech computer renew company

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom