Xp pro bad install - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Biohazardous

Default Xp pro bad install

I have installed xp pro, and after the install is done, and the set up finishes, I cant get past the load screen. The load screen rolls by, and then my screen is black until my monitor goes to sleep. I checked the boot order, I took out the xp disk, I put the xp disk back in, and tried to boot after all that, and I have no idea what to do now.

I re-installed, and still did the same thing. Any ideas?

and one thing that just happened, after a while of sitting on a black screen, it rebooted. But then went to the same thing. Dont think that changes anything, but still

Old 03-06-2008, 08:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
ID.10T

Send a message via AIM to ohGrFreak Send a message via Yahoo to ohGrFreak
Default Re: Xp pro bad install

if this is not the very first install on a newly built computer, was everything in working order before you installed XP Pro? Sounds like a hardware problem, like if it's a new build, and you have onboard and video card conflicts.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Biohazardous

well everything was in working order. and i have had this build a while. I have reinstalled quite a few times on this pc
Old 03-06-2008, 09:17 PM   #4 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

maybe something just kicked the bucket on you. run stress tests on everything..
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Biohazardous

like what could it be? I mean... graphics messed up? Should I try to install vista again?
Old 03-06-2008, 09:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

your gfx card might have crapped the bed. or something to that effect.
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Biohazardous

how can i test that? since I cant boot..
Old 03-06-2008, 09:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

do you have another gfx card handy. or another comptuer with a pcie slot handy? or does your comptuer ahve onboard gfx?

Old 03-06-2008, 09:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Biohazardous

I dont have onboard. I got a maximus formula. I am gonna put in an old pci-e card. and see if that works
Old 03-06-2008, 09:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

that i guess would be the only way to tell if its a gfx issue. and ah, glossed over the maximus in your siggy.

Closed Thread