XP Pro auto-login on start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
ek,
Ok. It will not let me keep /safeboot checked, AND have normal Startup clicked at the same time. Everytime I click the normal startup button, it auto-unchecks /safeboot. I didn't realize it until after I made the changes, and then restarted right away. it went directly into windows, so I went back to msconfig, looked, and found the dog chasing it's tail. I guess I can reformat AGAIN... but this is ridiculous. if it was some homemade computer that I built, I could see this happening, but I paid an arm and a leg for this damn computer.

When you installed the OS what did you do when it asked for an Admin password etc?

I have done it both ways......(one by entering a password) and the other (by clicking next etc...with nothing entered)

Ummm....this doesn't seem like a big problem...I'm a little confused.
When you installed XP again you probably just selected "Always assume this user logs in".
To fix this just click start > run > type 'regedit' and goto H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > MICROSOFT > WINDOWS NT > CURRENT VERSION > WINLOGON and change the "AutoAdminLogon" string value to a "0" instead of a "1". Close and restart.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom