xp pro 64-bit question

Status
Not open for further replies.
i see
ok, i think you guys have really helped me out on this question.

i would like to know: is vista premium sp1 the one to get or vista ultimate sp1 ?

some tech guys have told me that for what im using it for, vista premium sp1 is what to get(quickbooks,misc office work, some HD videos) and not vista ultimate. it would be a waste of money.
is this true?

you have to also realize that im doing this system because my computer is a 7 year old sony vaio with a 2.6 P4 and its starting to not be capable to do the new programs soon and i hate all the junk that they put in these pre built systems.

Vista Premium should be your choice as ultimate is a let down the add-ons that where touted where sadly a let down and didn't add any extra functionality to vista. The only reason I run it is I was fortunate enough to be given a legitimate copy from a friend.

What you should buy is Vista Home premium and for software I would recomend of the top of my head, Office 07 (or use open office), Avast (free edition or paid i use both on different systems), Magic ISO for your optical media management software and then add what ever else you need on top that you use. But that is just my own personal preferences for a basic software package.

From what I've noticed from the change to 64b XP is, I am using a 3rd of the cores as I was before.. I was using a good 3/4 of all 4 cores before when loaded, now I'm using about 80% of one fore and very little for others. This runs great now, but expect some compatibility issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom