XP performance monitor disabled

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Mdlls

Beta member
Hello all,

I have a little software problem that I cant seem to find answers to or help with anywhere. I have XP Home (5.1.2600). I re-installed XP many times trying to fiqure out where the problem starts from.I should mention that my computer runs very good and is stable.
My problem is running the performance monitor. It works "until" I install People PC. They tell me Windows is the problem. I have installed w/sp1,w/sp2and without service packs. The problem only surfaces when I install my dial up software to get on the Internet. Perfmon quits working. I dont think it is a hung app, it just does not work. I have tried w/services at default and all on.
I am getting Event ID: 1517 and 2004 (perfnet unable to open the server service). I "think" I get this error when perfmon is working also. I have turned on the server service and perfmon still is frozen.
I have removed and then added the counters and tried creating a custom MMC. Still no results. I have used the Extensible Counter to disable the perfNet.dll. I can not rest until I fiqure this out. There is not alot of resources for performance monitor on the Internet.

Thank you kindly,

Their software may have it's own connection monitor? Changing service packs and reinstalling Windows wouldn't be needed. You may be able to refresh the taskmanager with the steps seen in the help files in the taskmanager windows or isolate the process People PC uses that interferes in order to disable that. That usually requires a registry edit or contact them about this directly.

To update Task Manager data
On the View menu, click Refresh Now.
Notes

To change the frequency at which the data is automatically updated, on the View menu, point to Update Speed, and then click the command you want.
To temporarily freeze the data displayed in Task Manager, on the View menu, point to Update Speed, and then click Paused.
Data is automatically updated every two seconds by default. For more information regarding how often data is automatically updated, click Related Topics.