xp oem vs xp retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most OEM OS's from Microsoft don't actually have full licenses. That's why they won't update to new versions.

If you're in college, go to your computer center and ask. They may be offering Microsoft products for free. Mine did. I finished college with a CD wallet of about 6 thousand dollars worth of Micorsoft software that I got for free.

If you're still in highschool, or your college doesn't offer free software, you can go to any retail store (like office-depot, CircuitCity, etc) and purchase an educational-use copy at a reduced price. They might ask you for proof or contact details though, to verify.

the most important part for me is that it must be upgradeable . . . thats all i care . . . cause next windows os is 64-bit and i'm getting an fx-53 . . .

office depot and circuitcity (in my area) only sell the full retail version, which is like $300 for pro!! as for educational, the only ones they have are upgrades, not licenses

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=604631

is that upgradeable, cause thats the version i have my eye on

That's such a pain the ass...goodness!

I'm still not understanding about the deal with upgrading?

Like, when u guys are talking about updating to newer versions, does that refer to v. 2 or like to longhorn?

b/c like to update to longhorn, ur gonna have to buy the CD again right? but to update to like version 2, then that's suppose to be free right?

I'm all confused with this junk!

Lion

ok, what i wanna do is get windows xp pro/home (preferrable pro) and when longhorn comes out, i wanna be able to upgrade it WITHOUT having to buy retail longhorn

like, if i buy the upgrade version of longhorn, i should be able to use it

forget about longhorn koldapu. longhorn plans to be released in 2007, but when the time comes m$ might postpone it.

there is an xp64-bit edition, if you plan to buy a 64-bit processor, you should buy this version of windows.

o btw, the xp64-bit edition is available now, not 3 years time.

man i know i wouldnt buy retail, its a rip off. Man microsoft steals ur money. Office xp is like 900$ for the pro edition or w/e. when u can get linus free online, or buy redhat or w/e for like 50$

ladies and gentlemen lets give a toast to the brilliant suggestion made by u-toast.

seriously, thats a very good idea, but i'd recommend getting suse.

xotix said:
forget about longhorn koldapu. longhorn plans to be released in 2007, but when the time comes m$ might postpone it.

there is an xp64-bit edition, if you plan to buy a 64-bit processor, you should buy this version of windows.

o btw, the xp64-bit edition is available now, not 3 years time.

isnt that beta version though?

i heard that XP was better than that 64bit version

U-Toast said:
man i know i wouldnt buy retail, its a rip off. Man microsoft steals ur money. Office xp is like 900$ for the pro edition or w/e. when u can get linus free online, or buy redhat or w/e for like 50$

well . . . i want windows xp . . .

i've had a good track record with windows software . . . usually, if the system crashs, its a faulty program . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom