xp netbook install!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyinglight12

Beta member
Ok so I have a eee pc 1005 netbook installed with ubuntu. I would like to install xp via flashdrive, but cant figure out how to. I have read guides but they dont work.Btw using a 1 gig flashdrive. Plz HElp! I would prefer teamview :p but only with trusted ppl.

Plugin in your flash drive that has the windows xp home or pro install contents and folders to your netbook.
Turn on your netbook and when the eee slash screen loads for about 5 seconds, quickly look for a option thats say to press either F2 or F10 button to boot off of a device.
When a small menu comes up choose to pick from booting off of a flash drive.
Finally make sure the netbook's bios is set to boot off a flash drive, in the boot sequence order.

Good luck and come back if you have any other problems. ;)

Uhh im struggling to get it on the flashdrive first what format does the flashdrive need to be on? And how do i put the stuff on the flashdrive? And is it the i386 folder or something?

Well most flash drives are are FAT32.

Try this, go to start, my computer, point your mouse to your flash drive, right click and hit format.
When it asks you what kind of format speed you want to do, tell it you want a "FULL" format.
Usually that will take about 30 minutes.

When your download poweriso or imgburm to your windows pc, have it copy the contents from the xp cd to the flash drive.

Also if you need more directions go here: copy cd to flash drive using imgburn - Google Search

Nope, and besides that your supposed to use that cd with your netbook with the product key underneath the netbook.
Otherwise if you use any other retail or oem disc not relating to asus product, YOU WILL HAVE PROBLEMS.

I'll check in again briefly to see if you need anymore help.

And this is with USB plugged into the netbook with windows xp's contents right ?
It should have said this when you booted up the netbook.

1.Asus Eee splash screen
2.Press any key to boot off CD or USB
3.The windows xp installation should have started up from the usb drive and executed when you pressed a button.

Installing XP via the USB method is a pain, the two methods I have found that are relativity painless is use Unetbootin or get your hands on a USB external optical drive and do it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom