XP on multiple computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

uNsaiN

In Runtime
Just a quick question. I just got Windows XP Pro installed on my new computer. Can I use the same CD to install on my older computer?

If you look under my avatar it says I live in Iowa, which is a state in the US ;). I just figured since you don't really register XP you just instert the CD and enter the Product Key, it wouldn't really matter if I used the same CD to install on the other PC.

If you look on your product info that came with your XP cd, most say they can be used to 2 home computers.

I know that XP Pro is registered upon installation (it pops up asking to register, and if you don't you get an annoying pop up from time to time). If you have XP Home, I don't know if it registers or not.

But in answer to your question, I believe you can have XP installed on up to 2 separate computers under the same CD key. (check to make sure before you do though).

The only thing I got with my XP Pro was a CD Cover and a little booklet. I got the OEM from Newegg. I scanned through the booklet but didn't see anything about product info. I don't think I have registered XP yet, because when I installed XP I didn't have my internet connection set up. Maybe I did activate it though, because I haven't gotten any notifications. Is there anyway to check if I activated it? I have a bad memory ;)

Is it the Corp or OEM version. Corp does not need to be activated.

If you need to activate, just choose "Activate by Telephone." Call and tell them you did a reinstall and they will give you a number to activate it.

Sorry but no Windows XP can legally be installed on more than one computer. You do not have to register your copy but you do need to activate it and if you don't you only have 30 days to use it before it will lock up. If you only buy a licence that is a shady area, anything on the up and up would come with a licence and a CD bundled together. Ok I can be corrected but i don't think you can buy a corporate copy from Newegg.

Ok thats all I needed to know. Turns out I did activate Windows XP. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom