XP memory topping out on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullit

Baseband Member
Hi all

My XP memory is topping out on startup. It's fatlining! ;-)
I have 256mb.

I have looked in processes and can't figure out which one is causing it. A few mins after startup it all settles down again.
This is new behaviour.

Anyone got a nice freeware tool to look at processes as they start up?

Or any advice?

(no virii or adware on machine)

Cheers

///great weather today in ireland///
///welcome all new countries to the european union///

i use alto mem booster
and on the graph it generates the line goes up off the chart = memory fully used

I know about task manager - im having trouble figuring out what is hogging the memory

Has it ever occured to you that running a *memory booster* will itself use memory compounding your problem or for that matter any other software?

Configure your systems services and kill anything in start up other than essentials............memory boosters my arse but if you want to buy some GENUINE Unicorn horns.....only £30 per PAIR.

ok, go to start > run and type MSCONFIG
click on the tab all the way on the right. and uncheck stuff. make sure the stuff you uncheck is not vital to running the computer.

XP has excellent memory management -- far better than any 3rd party application available freeware or non. As alluded to by Roho, it's a waste of diskspace and memory to try to enhance the capability already built into XP.

Lone Wolf said:
XP has excellent memory management -- far better than any 3rd party application available freeware or non. As alluded to by Roho, it's a waste of diskspace and memory to try to enhance the capability already built into XP.

I wouldnt say xps memory managment is excelent, but I would agree those memory management programs worsen the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom