Beta member
Hi.. I'm running XP Home and when I get to the logon
screen and click on either user it starts loading
settings and then automatically starts logging off. The
same thing happens in Safe Mode, I have done a repair
install but with no luck. I hate to format it as there
are some files needed on the drive. Thanks, Steve

Two ideas...

1. What 'bout pushing Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice, and see what you can do there... it just brings you to a logon prompt. Tell me what you get there...

2. Logon as Administrator in Safe Mode... and remake you account.

Tried both of those :) Get the same results either way.. starts the login procedure and then logs off before finishing.

Did you activate your copy of XP Home? Might it be an illigal copy and you updated to SP1?

I will bet dime to dollar it's one of the 2.

Edit - - - did you change any major pieces of hardware? If so, I believe in the communist world of MS, you have to re-activate XP Home again. MS must know everything about your system.

It came preinstalled on a new Dell 6 months ago..this just started happening.. anyway I pulled the HD and put it in a different puter and copied what I needed off it and then formatted. Thanks for the repiles

ahh the old take-my-crap-to-a-friends-house-and-get-my-stuff-then-reformat deal huh?

ooohhhh.... so it was the ol' take-my-friends-crap-over-to-my-house-so-i-can-save-my-crap-and-fix-my-crap-that-got-screwed-up-by-microsoft thing eh? that is ingenious shilton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom