XP logging on user problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DianeInOz

Beta member
Please help!
I turned on my desktop, which runs windows XP, and got to the screen that says "to begin, click your user name" - the problem is that there are no user names to click! I tried running in safe mode and I tried to start with "last known good configuration" and anything I have done just takes me back to the same user screen that has no users. I don't know how to get anywhere to even try anything else!
Please, if anyone has any idea what I should do, please let me know. I am stuck without my desktop.
Thanks,
Diane

at the login screen press CTRL-ALT-DEL. and enter your username and password manually. then go to user settings and see if you can change anything there

Type "Administrator" as username. Probably without password. And try to change the user options from that account.

I get the same results when I use "administrator" as the user name. I tried it when I start it normally and when I start it in safe mode.

Any other ideas to get in the back door?

On the login screen is there an Options button? What are you logging in to? A domain or the local machine?

DianeInOz said:
Please help!
I turned on my desktop, which runs windows XP, and got to the screen that says "to begin, click your user name" - the problem is that there are no user names to click! I tried running in safe mode and I tried to start with "last known good configuration" and anything I have done just takes me back to the same user screen that has no users. I don't know how to get anywhere to even try anything else!
Please, if anyone has any idea what I should do, please let me know. I am stuck without my desktop.
Thanks,
Diane

reinstall

there is software to recover this though it's needed to be run on a linux system with the windows hard drive connected as a slave try looking around the internet for a windows NT/2000/XP password crack software. it comes as an ISO you have to burn to disk. If you dont have acess to a linux machine, it's reformat time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom