XP on laptop is booting up slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
Fixing a friends laptop. I'm done with everything. No viruses, malware, deleted cookies, etc etc. Followed the Osiris guide. However one issue. On boot up everything seems fine, I see the windows welcome screen and then the sound it makes like it's about to boot up. Then I get this black screen and it just sits there for almost a minute. Can't figure it out.

Nothing is attached to it. Nothing but two programs in Startup, AVG and ctfmon.

Any ideas?

Don't mean to be rude here, but are you sure this is a legit version of windows?

What are the system specs? Could just be that it has low RAM and a slow hard drive and it is taking that long for the system to load up the profile and other information.

Don't mean to be rude here, but are you sure this is a legit version of windows?

That's not rude! It's legit for sure. The guy that owns the computer wouldn't even know how to download a torrent! :laughing:

Mak, I'm at work now so I cannot check it. Have a feeling it low specs. It's a laptop I have never heard of before. When I do a search for it on google i get a bunch of junk sites with adds....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom