Xp keeps asking for booting CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

billiegirl

Baseband Member
I have my dad old PC which had window XP on it, I got if for my daughter as my dad upgraded his computer. My cousin had it first as it was going to be his but then it was decided I can have it for my daughter. It did have XP on there (I have CD and everything) seems like my cousin was trying to put window 7 on there (no idea why the PC old and wouldn't handle it anyway I think)

I dont want window 7 and the fact it was not install properly, I install window XP back on the PC (deleting window 7)

When I start up the PC it keep saying booting CD twice then does nothing. If I put the CD in there it goes back to the install/repair screen wanting the process all over again (even though it is installed)

So not sure what to do with this, no idea what my cousin has done (ie change bios etc)

If anyone can be of help that would be great.

Boot off of the XP CD and delete all the partitions and format the drive completely.

Go into the BIOS and make sure that the hdd is listed as the first boot device (or second, but it has to at least be available as a boot device).

Well, I was able to call their hotline and told them that it kept asking for the cd, and I told them where I bought my copy, and they looked up my product id and fixed my issue... hope this helps somehow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom