xp issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

danny501

Solid State Member
hi, im new here. ive got this problem with a laptop. its got xp home edition. it begins to load xp but freezes before it prompts me for the password. i can still move the mouse but thats it. if you guys can help me that would be great. im looking for an alternative solution to reformatting but i will do it if its the only way. thanks.

goto safemode, and check the startup... or start/run and type msconfig and then startup. Something in there is probably causing a problem. Disable all and see if it boots normal. If not, then its a driver problem. Thats assuming you CAN get to safe mode. If not, thats another issue/story.

You can try a repair install of xp as a last resort. You have to boot up with your cd before windows loads.

has this problem occured after you installed any new drivers / apps ? If so you should to boot using "Last Know Good Config".

When your computer shows boot menu press F8 and select the above option. If your's is not a dual boot just keep the F8 pressed when you start your computer.

i tried booting from the last known good config but i got the same problem.

i tried a repair install of win xp but it takes me to command prompt where it asks me for the admin pw and when i type it in im left with c:\windows\ and i dont know what to do from there.

will a rebuild fix this? i appreciate all the help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom