XP Install, Cannot see RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.

g_booto

Baseband Member
Hey pplz.

umm i've made a RAID 0 array and i have a problem, i think the solution isnt that difficult i just need to know if theres ways around it. I load up the windows XP pro setup from the disk, but the setup cannot se my RAID'd hard drives. is it because i need to load the drivers for it for the setup, or would is it something else. if its the drivers problem, i trried putting the drivers onto a CD but the setup cannot find them. It only looks for a set A:\ device. unfortunately i dont have a floppy drive. is it as simple as me gettin myself a FDD or is there another way around it?

lol i think what i wrote seems a it confusing. anyways cant be stuffed changing t now. its late and im tired. hope it makes sence.

Thanx in advance.

If using IDE, you can install XP first then create RAID 0. If using hardware RAID, use the driver and software that came with your MB or RAID card. XP Pro can do software RAID 0 without hardware, but slower because of the additional software overhead.

If you have SATA, good luck, because the only easiest solution is to copy your RAID/SATA driver to a floppy. Try searching for it on the MB CD or Manufacture site.

thanks fella's.

yeah guess i gotta go get a floppy drive then. there only what $30 ? (AUD)

thanks for ya help. i just wanted to make sure b4 i even spent just a lil bit of money.

peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom