XP Home wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabe_hacker

In Runtime
I installed windows xp on one computer. i took that hard drive out that has windows xp on it and stuck it in another computer. it booted just fine in the first computer but not the other computer.

okay, i just did that and when i boot the comp. it says "Missing Operating System" Any ideas? you think maybe it is in BIOS or something.

BIOS doesn't handle OS's.

If you installed XP and it's not coming up, you either didn't do the reformat correctly, have the boot squence wrong, or the installation got corrupted somehow. Try it again.

And...um...hopefully you aren't trying to install XP on the machine you have listed in your sig. (twitches)

I tried switching the boot priorities, that didn't work. if i reformat and reinstall, it would be the 4th time.

and no lol, im not installing on that computer.

NAC, TheMajor...

XP sucks up 192-256mb of RAM just to run stable. His processor isn't even in the recommended specs, if I remember right.

That poor machine will throw up and die...poor lil' bugger...

i dont know how it worked, but i installed win xp on that comp. when it had only a 2 gig HDD. It still is running. It is very slow but it is the only computer so far that hasn't given me any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom