Here is what you do:
1) use a OS bootable floppy (windows 98se or ME)
2) Run Fdisk: delete the non-dos partition #4 (I presume you have NFTS file system running?)
3) Create a primary dos partition #1.
4) Go into your CMOS (hit del) and change the device boot prioity to cdrom 1st, hd 2nd and floppy 3rd. You will change it back after XP does the initial copy of file and reboots.
5) Just select boot form cd at the command prompt.
6) NTFS slow format your hard drive and viola!!!!
7) Install XP!
If you do it this way you'll be good to go!!!
Noli Nothis Permittere Te Terere!!
EVGA 680i, Dual EVGA 8800GT'S (650/950), 4 gigs OCZ DDR2 1066, Intel Q9450 at 3.8 Ghz, Koolance Water Cooled, Dual Plextor16x DL DVD+/-RW. Dual WD 250gb 16mb Cache Sata 3.0. 3DMark06 score = 19,168.