Xp Home dition Start-up problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cs2000

Beta member
Hello. I have recently aquired a newish laptop from a school with a pentium 4 processor running on windows xp home edition. The reason why i have got the laptop is they gave up trying to fix it. When you attempt to boot the computer it just resytartes on the windows xp loading screen. Start it in safe mode and it stops on system23/drivers/Mup.sis. I cant open the laptp to use my adaptor to format it on another p.c and when trying to re-install oir repair using the xp cd it displays a blue screen and then freezes. I have tried boot disks but these do not work either. Can somebody please advise me on what to do next as i have tried all obvious methods :(

when i use the xp 6 disk bootdisk it simply restarts, i was hoping it would fix any damaged dll files or sys files, i will try this method. What do i type to delete the partition, btw i have now got the computer to start up randomly 3 times

Ok Ok, i went back to my old drawer and found my win 98 cd, used that to delete xp and install 98...all is well, install xp, all seems well until i try to start it after a sucsessfull install, i get the same problem, it will boot uoto the windows xp loading screen then flashed blue and restarts, this is very very weirs...and i now dont beleive the sticker that says 'designed for windows xp' !

Sounds like you have a hardware issue. Possibly the CPU or the Mobo. Do a Google search of "mup.sys" and that should help you out a lot.

Ok well i hope its neither of those things but if it is why would it only massivly screw up with xp? when installing millenium i shouls mention that the only coulours that are avalable are 16 with 480x whatever it is screen resolution,

Ok i have had a look around, there are many solutions such as removig usb 2 crads, switching pwoer supples, flashing bios e.t.c. because im on a laptop i cant do any of them apart from flashing the bios and this is where i am stuck. All i know from going into the bios is that i have a Phoenis Bios and down at the bottem it says bios version: 1.0b-1.10-0812 now i dont know what to do next with this infomarion or where to find updates for it. anybody point me to the right file to download? sorry to be a pain :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom