XP Hibernation

Status
Not open for further replies.

daFekdk

Solid State Member
Hope someone might be able to help me here please.
I recently got a laptop which runs on XP and twice now while its been on for a while its gone "preparing to hibernate", then shuts down and I cant power back up. The first time I was watching a dvd so I left it off and it powered back up ok the next day. Second time I was installing Visual Studio .NET which takes a while and when there was about 20mins installation left it went into hibernation and now i cant power it back up. Does anybode know how I might prevent this from happening in the future?
Thank you in advance!

well, are you running on battery or AC power? If you are plugged in and that is happening, then you need to change the power management configuration your machine uses. if on battery, plug into the wall!
Go into control panel and then select power options.
Under the power schemes, change the When Plugged in options to never. This will prevent the machine from hibernating. Now if you want to just disable Hibernation, then click on the "Hibernation" tab and uncheck the check box. This should stop it completely. There are also several options that are good to configure under Advanced. For closing the lid and what to do when buttons are pressed.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom