XP HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i am trying to startup the os with a HDD in a HDD enclosure, and tried putting that same drive in the computer. The disc is for this specific computer, im not good at keeping CD's around.

I have a HDD enclosure i use, and tried putting it in the computer. And the Cd was for this specific model computer, im just not good at keeping discs unscratched.
EDIT: sorry for the repost.

Ok, let me ask this are there any other hdd's in your pc beside the one you just put in ?
If so, please set your hdd to master and the other drives to slaves or hardware select.
Reboot the pc with the cd in thiere -MAKE SURE THE DISC IS CLEANED- and try to boot up and see if xp install see's the hdd and gets started with the installation.

Let me look at the error message and see if I can't figure out whats it saying.
I'll be back in a few minutes and edit this post if I find anything.

Ok try reading this arctile here and follow through of what they are saying.
Before you do this, did you encounter any virus or trojan infections on your external hdd that maybe screwing something up ?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324103

im getting help from another ssite to, and is saying that my HDD is SATA and need to install a drive, could that be it?

I don't think so, if you are installing windows xp from ide or sata hdd's that shoulnd't be a problem for you.
If your hdd is like a scsi or your using a raid setup on your pc, then yes that could be the issue of why your hdd is having so much of a problem installing xp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom