XP HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sportsguy0502

Solid State Member
So i have a External HDD and download XP professional on it and formated it. So when XP tries to start, the XP logo comes up, with the loading bar a across the bottom, then this is what was displayed on the screen:

*** STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78A6524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Every time I boot it up, it stops at the exact same time. I am frustrated.
Help is appreciated.

Thank you.

I did and i only have a install disc, so i dont think i can boot from the CD, but i can see all the files on the external drive and the disc.

From the thread, it seems you got this prob:
STOP 0x0000007B or INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Windows XP was unable to locate the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. This problem may occur after repartitioning disks, adding new disks, or upgrading a disk controller and its drivers. In that case, entries in the Boot.ini file no longer point to the correct partitions. If the error occurs after upgrading the disk controller, verify that the new hardware is configured properly. Then start your system with the Windows XP CD, log on to the Recovery Console, and use the Bootcfg command to scan for available Windows installations and repair the Boot.ini file automatically.

You said you only got the install disc, I think it's that same disc mentioned here.

when i try to start XP from the disc, it just reinstalls it, so, im not to sure.
When it starts the setup, it suppose to have a screen asking if you want to Repair or start the Recovery Console.

Edit: Was verifying, "Repair" and "Recovery Console" is 2 different options, should see a screen asking to start the Recovery Console before though in the first screen when entering the setup.

rcons00.gif

my whole screen looks different, up top to the left it says window set up, and just jumps to set up, FYI, i downloaded XP from online, and ISO to a disc. But i do not see that screen at all

my whole screen looks different, up top to the left it says window set up, and just jumps to set up, FYI, i downloaded XP from online, and ISO to a disc. But i do not see that screen at all

1. You are breaking the rules. Further help would be suspended. Unless you downloaded it from a source such as Microsoft (legally bought it...not sure if they offer this).
5) Keep Things Legal
Any discussion, links, or information on hacking, cracking, serial numbers, pirating, warez, or any other illegal matters is not allowed. This includes talks of Emulators and Torrents. The links provide the information needed. Talks of items that are not yet available by any legal means will also be taken in under this rule. This includes Games, Operating Systems, Service Packs and Betas not released yet to the public. Since there will be no way for people to obtain these by any other means then by Piracy or Warez.
2. As stated, you downloaded it from online. We would not know as it has many versions online and all of those which can be edited or tweaked.

So, let me get this straight...

You are trying to use a back-up of your previous installation? Are you trying to boot from an external drive, as that won't work. And if the installation was from a different set of hardware it won't work without doing a repair installation with it (if then).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom