XP Freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragan

Baseband Member
Hi Guys i just found a pc on the road and decided to bring it home with me its a 700Mghz celeron with 128mb 133 SDRAM With a 20gig hardrive and the motherboard i dont know i installed windows xp pro onto it but when its finished installing and i turn it on whenever i go to my music or my computer its freezes ive reinstall xp heaps of time and still freezes this computer is like a flat but realy small any help would be aprricated

128 is the minimum i think..

i would upgrade to 256.. that should fix the problem with it..

i think if it was ddr it would work.. but since its sd ram you'll probly have to upgrade to 256

I found a similar machine, although it was my brother who was turfing it, and it was kind of in his cupboard. 700Mhz and 128M RAM.

Anyway, I got it home and a similar thing happened, where the hard drive would just lock up on occasion.

When I opened it up, I found that the problem was a loose connection on the motherboard. Once I pushed all the cables in nice and snug, it ran fine, even using XP.

I've since bought a new hard drive and added 128 RAM and this computer is my new type writer (used for Word, net, email, etc). My good machine is now solely for games. They run faster when you take all the MS crap out of them (Office etc.)

My advice. Check all the connections. Try a spare HD in the machine if you can get your hands on 1 and see if the problems persist.

Cheers!

The loose connection makes alot of sense, that could verywell be the problem I had a computer a few years ago and I had a loose connection but instead of the harddive freezing up it would go out all together and I would have to move some wires and it would recognize i had a hard drive hooked up..................

Also add the ram too that can only help just make sure you don't get the wrong type check to make sure your getting the right one whether it be PC133 or PC100, and im not sure what it is called but you can get an all in one ram card too but its more expensive.........

Goodluck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom