XP and Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenJen80203

Beta member
I have no idea which forum section this should go under, so I'm trying here. I have a Compaq with a 2.66 mhz P4, 1/2 G of RAM, XP PRO, and only 5 Gigs of a 40 GB HD being used. The oddity here is, when the user views a CD using Flash (latest download available) it runs for 30 min and shuts the machine down. User boots back up, starts viewing the CD again, then it only takes 15 min for the machine to shut down. Every time the user starts viewing that CD, it takes less and less time for the machine to shut down. She leaves the machine overnight, comes in the next morning and it starts all over again. What have I looked at? I've looked at throwing the stinkin thing out the window. I've never had a problem with Flash in my life, so not sure where to start. Is it the version of Flash? Is it an internal setting? Someone throw me a bone pretty please?

Any help greatly appreciated.

JenJen

Does it only happen in Flash? Try open other applications (video game) - it maybe overheating. Flash and the CD drive might be the most demanding process the computer has to do.

base on your decrease shutdown timer, it sounds like more a hardware problem than about flash.

check either overheat on the system (display card, CPU), or insufficient power for your system, especially if have some new hardware install to the machine.

hope it help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom