XP file association?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shafra

In Runtime
I'm trying to help out a friend, he said whenever he downloads anything, or even trys to open a download, it says something like "Nero cannot open that file". So somehow, it seems like windows is associating Nero with files. What would be the best way to fix this? He said he can't download any files or attachments. Would deleting Nero and reinstalling it help?

Any info is appreciated.

Yuck I have had this happen to many people who installed Nero7...reason being is at the end of the install it asks specifically if you want to associate a bunch of files to Nero. Which if you are not paying attention and just keep saying NEXT NEXT YES YES..etc etc...nero will take over ;-)

Uninstall then they should default back to there correct associations. Then re-install Nero, but uncheck EVERYTHING at each prompt at the end...thats what I do at least.

yeah that new nero 7 is a big pain, i did the click happy way the first time and next time i watched a movie it played in nero i was like wtf. why does everything need to be all in one.

you can also do right click on the file and do open with and you can check off the always box on the bottom once you select the program you want to use from now on.

That's probably exactly what he did, just installed without reading the prompts. I'll tell him to unistall it, and this time when he reinstalls remove those file assoications! Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom