XP Error driving me nutz! - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2006, 10:57 AM   #21 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

they will work, keep the xp cd in the drive. I cleared my inbox too.

Old 04-01-2006, 10:13 PM   #22 (permalink)
Junior Techie

the latest update is..im about to smash this computer in about a million pieces! hahaha
I made boot disks..but seemed to run into some sort of errors of a few of the disks each time..and even after I made a few different copies...one time it would be disk 3...another would be disk 5 or so..
each time making me have to go through this process all over again.

Is there any other ideas that I can do before i totally freak out..haha
can i hook up another HD and use the current problem one as a slave..and somehow load it this way...

My next step is taking to a local computer guy..and hopefully he can load his copy of xp on mine..so that it can be repaired.

Old 04-02-2006, 10:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Junior Techie

ok...I thought I got a good version of xp to repair my probs...but I find out..it installed sp3..which now now computer starts up with with the xp service pack 3 logo..and then seems like it want to install xp all over again. It went to a screen saying installing windows devices...I wasnt sure what it was doing to I got out of it. The main thing is I dont want to lose my stuff on the HD. now If I let it go farther...will it ask me to repar...or am I past that now.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:19 PM   #24 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

that is not a valid version of xp. get a valid version
Old 04-02-2006, 11:28 PM   #25 (permalink)
Junior Techie

ok..im back up and running..but after the bios loadup screen comes up..I get this screen where I can choose between 2 different xp pro's. One brings me to a sp3 setup..the other one brings me back to my older version.

haha..Its always something going on here..haha

I also get an error about...not finding locally stored profile when it starts up...but I then switch users to my name and it works fine...
hmm always something.

Im thinking I may just leave xp and go with 2000 instead.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
Banned

AOL/MEANS/AMERICA-OUTOF-LINE!
Old 04-03-2006, 04:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Master Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by Bosox3
ok...I thought I got a good version of xp to repair my probs...but I find out..it installed sp3..which now now computer starts up with with the xp service pack 3 logo..and then seems like it want to install xp all over again. It went to a screen saying installing windows devices...I wasnt sure what it was doing to I got out of it. The main thing is I dont want to lose my stuff on the HD. now If I let it go farther...will it ask me to repar...or am I past that now.
There is no XP-SP3. What you got is one of those bootleg mock-ups running around...which are probably fully of backdoor viruses and whatnot.

-----------------------------------------------
Don\'t hate the player...Hate the game...
Closed Thread