XP does not install on my PC - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2006, 04:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default XP does not install on my PC

Hi Guys!
I have Windows XP Profesional Edition.It starts in Safe mode.But when I start it in normal mode Windows halts on start up screen.Once when i removed mouse and keyboard
widows started normally but i could not work because i did'nt had keyboard and mouse plugged.I changed keyboard and mouse but no avail.I installed windows again but this time it starts only
in safe mode.It does not start even if i remove keyboard mouse and PCI cards.I have tried USB to PS2 adaptor but no avail. I have updated BIOS.I have Intel D815EGEW motherboar
and 1.13 GHz Intel Origional processor 128MB Ram.No exteral video card is attached. I tried with network card unplugged
from PCI slot but no avail.System hang in normal mode.I checked
it hangs during processing of mup.sys.I have bought another hard disk.but it did not solve my problem.I have also tried home edition of xp. I m stuck.Please can someone help me.
Thanks in advance.

Old 03-31-2006, 05:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

what is the stop message that you are getting? Can you post it?

Old 03-31-2006, 08:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via ICQ to Osiris Send a message via AIM to Osiris Send a message via MSN to Osiris Send a message via Yahoo to Osiris

XP Repair install

Please read carefully and make sure you followed the warning links before initiating the Repair Install. You can print a text version for reference. repair.txt

Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.
When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see the options below
This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft
Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

Press Enter to start the Windows Setup. do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console). I repeat, do not choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R".
Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.
Select the XP installation you want to repair from the listy and press R to start the repair. If Repair is not one of the options, END setup. After the reboot read Warning#2!
Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot. Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears. Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.
Old 04-01-2006, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Field Engineer
Send a message via AIM to SHAWN

Repair install instructions are in my sig.
A+, Network + , HP Certified Tech and MCP

Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1095T, Asus M477TD, 8GB GSkill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 1T, 128GB Crucial M4 SSD, ATi HD4650, W7, 27" HL272 Monitor
Closed Thread