Xp Corporate vs Xp 64bit vs Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP4LIFETN

Daemon Poster
which one of these would be the best for my computer?
i ordered these components alrdy
its gonna be a E6600 C2D with a 8800 640MB GTS, 2GB RAM, and 2 drives running raid 0.

i'm leaning towards the 64bit because its windows xp..and seems to be a higher upgrade then xp corporate (correct me if im wrong), any help would be appreciated...currently i have XP PRO, and i like it, but i always want something better...but not vista since its a system hog
and whats the difference between Corporate and regular XP Pro?

XP corp is XP pro just with different licensing. I would recommend you steer well clear of 64bit ans the driver support is poor and there are program compatibility issues. Your best bet is to dual boot vista and XP pro.

XP corp is XP pro just with different licensing. I would recommend you steer well clear of 64bit ans the driver support is poor and there are program compatibility issues. Your best bet is to dual boot vista and XP pro.
That is totally correct. 64 Bit has little to no support for applicaitons let alone drivers. Corp Edition of XP is nothing more than XP Pro with a serial that can be actiavted more. Better off jsut buying XP Pro or MCE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom