XP clock keeps changing back an hour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snayke

Beta member
Hello,

currently I am having an annoying problem with a user's clock changing back an hour. I have made sure all setting are set correctly. The daylight savings time has been checked and even unchecked to test. However, every 10 minutes or 15 minutes it seems. It's not the bios battery, it's fine. If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. I think it may be a server issue but I'm not too sure.

Thanks, Jayke

If i'm not mistaken, the CMOS battery only takes precedent over the power supply once the pc is powered down. However, it still wouldn't make a difference because the time would only reset if the desktop is restarted. It does this in 10 to 15 minute intervals. It's very strange. I will have to check with my network guy to see if there are any group policies set but, it's happening to a few others as well. But not a lot of others.. If it's 9 o clock, this desktop will set itself to 8 o clock. So I just set it an hour ahead to see if it will drop it back an hour..

This seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks a lot. I thought there was an update for this. Maybe it wasn't pushed, I don't know. I just started this new job and don't know what they have or have not pushed out. But again, thanks a alot.

This seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks a lot. I thought there was an update for this. Maybe it wasn't pushed, I don't know. I just started this new job and don't know what they have or have not pushed out. But again, thanks a alot.

I use that a lot on older 2000 systems, works well. :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom