Xp boots but does not allow login - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2005, 06:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Send a message via ICQ to daappleby

you may have to take it to a shop and get them to recover the info for you (unless you don't want them seeing all your pron) They will have all the software and tools they need.

If you do that ensure that you are very specific that you do NOT want it formatted, just get the pron off it and give it back.

Help us Help you:

1) <b>RTFM</b>
2) Search TF using <b>more than one</b> keyword or combination of words
3) Post specific details. We need your computer specs, your OS, and any details from the error messages you get.
Old 06-24-2005, 06:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

okay, okay I remebered the admin pswd, what luck. I tried the fixmbr cmd fromthe recovery console and walla nothing. I rebooted to the login screen again finding a nice bitmap and no place to login.
a tech friend of mine mentioned a repair install. Is this the first option on the recovery cd i.e not pressing r to enter the recovery console or am I missing something? thanks again.

Old 06-26-2005, 04:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Just to update everyone that lent their time in helping me solve this most peculiar problem. I did a repair install and I am now able to login to windows. All my data is still here and everything seems to be in proper working order. I still don't know what caused the problem, but the important thing is that it is solved. Thank you again to everyone who lent a hand.
Old 06-26-2005, 10:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

I guess telling you to google astrumi is a little too late. it would let you reset the password
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Old 06-26-2005, 08:14 PM   #15 (permalink)
Newb Techie

As a side note, You could have slaved you hardrive to another NTFS drive and retrieved your data that way. Slaving your drive removes all security features from the slaved drive thus, giving you access to all of your data! Anyways, I am glad to hear that you were able to fix the problem.

Closed Thread